Mr. Swenson is open to independently write, co-author, commentate on radio or T.V., or be a source for journalists. He is also open to speaking at companies, universities, non-profits, think tanks, and at private events on a selective basis. He can be a moderator, speaker, or panel member. If you are looking for a non-big-four opinion from someone with an exceptionally amazing background, with varied roles and responsibilities in business and a track record of authentic leadership and innovative thinking and writing, he offers the best millennial / xennial commentary from a disruptive thinking perspective. He has been an “outside the box” thinker his entire life. He knows leadership by going with the flow is the biggest mass social-cultural fallacy of modern times and that it is far more dangerous than most people realize. He has charisma, style, great speaking and story-telling skills, and he bridges gaps between diverse stakeholders to derive creative thoughts. If you are interested in having him speak at your next event contact him here. Below is a list of topics he specializes in:
||emerging technological trends
|how to have technological security without harming the business
||what is true leadership and why most people fail at this
|the future of business and technology
||the future of retail
|why variety: innovation vs. repetition
|financial regulation and Fed. policy
||sitting in a cube = yesterday
||how to inspire your team to the next level
||free market economics
||the music business
|networking and lobbying
||the Minneapolis music scene
Selected speaking engagements:
- Product Camp Twin Cities. “Thought$ On The Future of Digital Curren¢y For A Better World.” Worrell Design, Minneapolis, MN. Nov. 2015.
- Minnebar. “Retail technology and loyalty marketing”. April 2014.
- Hamline University MBA Association Success Seminar. Nov. 2011. http://www.hamline.edu/business/mba/
- INROADS Summer Training for corporate interns at the U of MN’s Carlson School of Mgmt. June 2011. http://www.inroads.org/events/recent-events
- Various Toastmasters clubs at Hamline University, Ameriprise Financial, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, and Thrivent Financial. 2007 to 2012. http://www.d6tm.org/
- Sec.MN. (Minnesota Security Professionals). “Precursor Detection of Data Exfiltration”. 09/28/17. White Bear Lake, MN.
- Secure 360 Twin Cities. “Precursor Detection of Data Exfiltration”. 05/16/18. Minneapolis, MN.
- Early Data Breach Detection and 5 Cyber Tips For Small to Medium Businesses. Cloudburst Studio. 08/29/18. Minneapolis, MN.
- 2017 to 2018 Cyber Security Update. Global Security Exchange Conference (ASIS). Las Vegas, NV. 09/27/18.
- How Business Owners Can Measure and Mitigate Growing Cyber Risk. Club Entrepreneur. 11/01/18. Minneapolis, MN.
- How to Bake Security Into Application Development: Midwest Architecture Community Collaboration 2018: Scaling Disruptive Tech. Minneapolis, MN. 11/07/18 to 11/08/18.
Selected writing and press:
- U2: Music Marketing Tweaked for a Hypercompetitive Digital World, While Still Appealing to Emotion MN AMA. 08/03/10.
- Three keys to more innovative marketing: The case of Prince MN AMA. 03/29/11.
- Google’s Chairman, Eric Schmidt, Visits The U. of MN, Mayor R.T. Rybak, and Area Business Leaders Recognizing MN’s Economic Talent MN AMA. 12/1/11.
- How Intelligent Marketing Uses Cultural Competence – Rural vs. Urban MN AMA. 11/01/11.
- Three Tips for Creating Brand Value with a Product that is Co-Branded MN AMA. 07/19/11.
- Culture is Like an IceBerg Center For Hispanic Leadership. 05/27/13.
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs celebrates 25th Anniversary Meet Minneapolis. 06/23/13.
- Jeremy Swenson Profile – The Business Journals Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. 2013.
- Experts Share Ideas to Boast Urban Economic Development. Northwestern Financial Review. 01/23/12.
- Can you afford a data breach: Lets talk about how we can protect your critical systems and data! LinkedIn Pulse Article. 07/27/17.
- Cyber Security Summit at the Global Security Exchange (GSX) Announces Agenda. Digital Journal. PR Newswire. 08/17/18.